Longmeadow Cemetery Association

When the precinct of Longmeadow moved up the hill from the flood-prone meadows along the Connecticut River in 1702/3, they planned for a burying ground that became the Longmeadow Cemetery. It grew from the original one acre to its present-day 10 acre size. The oldest section of the cemetery is in the Historic District. In 1872, the Longmeadow Cemetery Association was established, with the charge of maintaining the growing cemetery. There are many redstone gravestones made by local carvers from the excellent Longmeadow stone (sandstone) quarries. The Association is a volunteer-run 501c13.

Address: Williams Street, Longmeadow, MA 01106 (opposite 34 Williams Street)
Phone number: 413-244-7215 (superintendent)
Web: www.longmeadowcemetery.org
Facebook: Longmeadow Cemetery
Email: longmeadowcemetery@gmail.com

Contributed Items

Killed in a Powder Mill Explosion
Red sandstone grave marker
View item