Longmeadow Historical Society
697 Longmeadow Street
The Georgian House that was to become The Storrs House Museum was built in 1786 for the Reverend Richard Salter Storrs (1763 – 1819), the second pastor of the First Church of Christ in Longmeadow, MA. The property was donated to the town in 1907 for a library. When the present library was built in 1930, the Storrs House was moved a short distance to its present location and became the home of the collections of the Longmeadow Historical Society. Many objects in the museum collections belonged to Rev. Storrs, his family and his descendants and Rev. Stephen Williams (1693 – 1782), the first minister in Longmeadow and his family. The Longmeadow Historical Society’s archives contain many original maps, diaries, account books, old photographs, documents and family histories of Longmeadow’s earliest families.
Please note: The Storrs House Museum is not handicapped accessible.